Learn how to submit your fiction, poetry or memoir writing for publication in literary journals. Now that you’ve finished your written work, how do you get it published? This six-week workshop will show you how.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn:
- How to tell whether your work is ready to submit.
- Where to submit work — and where not to.
- How to find and research literary journals.
- What to include in an effective cover letter.
- Should you pay submission fees?
- Dealing with rejection — and acceptance.
- How to keep track of your submissions.
- What journal editors expect from you.
This workshop is participatory. Students will join a weekly 1-hour online typed chat, led by the instructor, to share best practices, ask and answer questions, and celebrate their publishing successes. If you cannot attend the chat or wish to review what transpired, a transcript is posted in the classroom every week.
The online submissions workshop is taught by Peter Krass, a long-time teacher at The Writers Studio, a former writer in the school’s master class, and a published poet. The workshop is open to all writers who wish to begin submitting their work for publication.