The Writers Studio
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)1] in the European Union.
Who are we?
The Writers Studio is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Writers Studio complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To promote writers’ activities and programs
- To share resources with you– to inform members of our community of news, activities, programs, and services
- To maintain contact information for management of any of our activities
- To manage records and enrollments in classes
What is the legal reason for processing your personal data?
Article 9 Processing
Explicit consent of the data subject. We process your personal data to tell you about events, news, and services of The Writers Studio.
There is no disclosure to a third person or party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will NOT share your data with third parties without your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data as long as you wish to continue being a member of The Writers Studio community. If you are no longer active in community either by logging on or opening emails, we reserve the right to delete your information after 12-24 months.
Your rights and your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Writers Studio holds about you.
- The right to request that the The Writers Studio corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Writers Studio to retain such data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Because The Writers Studio, the organization is based in the United States, personal data will be transferred and stored in secure servers.
Automated Decision Making
Automated Decision Making is not used by The Writers Studio.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact The Writers Studio: email@example.com
Our online commerce uses software from Woo Commerce. Our mailing list is hosted by Mail Chimp. Our email program suite is hosted by Gmail Business, our website and classrooms are built on the WordPress platform; AWS hosts our Craft Class Archive. Our site is monitored for malware and all security risks 24 hours a day. Our credit card processing using authorize.net and Paypal is PCI compliant. Our social media platforms are You Tube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. All businesses and platforms we do business with or use have assured us of their total commitment to privacy and GDPR compliance.